Sunday, April 27, 2014

ALL ABOUT READING - The key to success


I cannot say enough amazing things about this program.  Alli has absolutely BLOSSOMED before my eyes with this program.  Both the Reading and the Spelling are simply amazing.  (click on the above picture to go to their website)

We have been using these books since February.  I started both programs at the very beginning even though she already knew her letter sounds, and basic sight words, etc.... I just know that the more successful she feels, the better things go.  
These two programs have helped to make school AMAZING for us and Alli feels SO GREAT about what she has accomplished.  She finished Level 1 of the spelling program and is flying through Level 2.

We are still on Level 1 for reading, but she is doing wonderful.  She has started to be interested in reading ON HER OWN TIME!! 




I do have to say that I believe wholeheartedly, that without Vision Therapy, none of this would be happening right now.  I asked her the other night if she remembered what books used to look like before we "fixed" her eyes.  She said, "Yep, it was all a big, black, wiggly blur.  There were never words."

Friday night Alli wanted to snuggle with me on the couch, which we often do.  But this time it was different.  For the first time in her entire life she said, 

"Do you want me to read you a story?"

Yes, my sweet child, PLEASE!!!!  She read us a Berenstein Bear story.  Shane was hanging on the couch and was BLOWN AWAY by the progress she has made.  I hear her read every day for school, but Shane had not heard her read a story like this ever.  How life has changed in such a short period of time!

Where she used to say, "Why is this so hard for me?"

Now she says, "I'm so good at this now!"

It is hard for me not to get teary-eyed.  This girl has worked so hard to get to where she is and she continues to push herself.  The difference now is that she enjoys it, and she knows she is doing well. 

1 comment: